The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and CSC Academy are implementing a program across selected Common Service Centres (CSCs) in 21 aspirational districts. The purpose of the program, called 5C-Tarang program, is to enhance community outreach through group sessions with specific stakeholders on the six thematic areas through the CSC network.
The six themes are as follows:
a) Preventing Anaemia
b) Ending Child Marriage
c) Boosting Routine Immunization for all children
d) Reducing Out of School Children
e) Improving Overall Nutrition
f) Continuing use of Toilets
The program objective is to enable 105 Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLE) who run the CSCs to become agents of social change, reaching and engaging approximately 15,000 citizens in their communities. The program will be implemented in eight states namely Assam, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Rajasthan, Telangana, and West Bengal.
CSC e- Governance Service India Limited is a Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV) incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, to monitor the implementation of Common Services Centers Scheme (CSCs). Common Services Centres (CSCs) are a strategic cornerstone of the Digital India programme, which are the access points for delivery of various digital services to villages in India.
To further the sustainability of these CSCs, CSC Academy was setup in 2017 to provide access to professional learning for learners of diverse backgrounds and educational needs. CSC Academy is a not-for-profit society under the Societies Registration Act 1860 (Act 21 of 1860), as applicable to the Union of Delhi with its registered office in Delhi.
The CSC Academy is committed to teaching, delivering of specialized courses/ training programmes, leadership, communication skills and promotion of entrepreneurship among the rural masses in India.
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works to protect the rights of every child and has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. UNICEF India works on health, hygiene, nutrition, education, protection, and social development of children. Targeting efforts for them at all stages of their growth (infant and mother, child and adolescent ) to ensure children not only survive, but thrive too.
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything they do. Together with their partners, they work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
UNICEF was created with a distinct purpose in mind: to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child ‘s path. They advocate for measures to give children the best start in life, because proper care at the youngest age forms the strongest foundation for a person ‘s future.
UNICEF works with partners around the world to promote policies and expand access to services that protect all children.
The purpose of 5C Tarang programme is to enhance community outreach and hold sessions with specific stakeholders on the six thematic areas in selected aspirational districts through the CSC network. The six themes are as follows:
- a). Anaemia Prevention
- b). Child Marriage
- c). Routine Immunization
- d). Out of School Children
- e). Overall Nutrition
- f). Use of Toilet/ Open defecation Free (ODF)
5C Tarang Program will cover 21 districts in 8 states:
* Madhya Pradesh
* West Bengal
- 1.CSC SPV to identify VLEs from 21districts in 8 States with necessary infrastructure to conduct community sessions.
- 2.Preference will be given to women VLEs and actively transacting CSCs.
- 3.CSC SPV to conduct Master Training programme for identified 105 CSCs on six thematic areas.
- 4.Each community sessions may last 2-3 hours.
- 5.CSCs will facilitate online networking of the participants and sharing of the materials with them (virtual sessions).
Training of Candidates
- 1.Participants to assemble at nearest CSC
- 2.Attend session for 2-3 hours on the theme selected for the day
- 3.Each batch will range from 25-30 participants per group depending on the theme for the session.
- 4.Participate in pre and post test conducted before and after the session.
- 1.One person from each household to be selected in consultation with the Panchayat Representatives
- 2.Preference will be given to women, parents and youth/adolescents.
- 3.Age limit: 14 to 55 years.
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Electronics Niketan, 3rd Floor,6,CGO Complex
Lodhi Road.New Delhi – 110003.